Re: [Savannah-hackers] Sorcerer

From: Kyle Sallee
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Sorcerer
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 15:46:52 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 28 Mar 2002, mathieu wrote:

> according to you're maybe the author of
> that said

There is no maybe.  I am the author of the sorcery utilities and
created the distribution known as Sorcerer GNU Linux.

> The last time I've seen this page, It was written that you (?) dont
> want further release your project freely (under freedom as FSF
> understand it - if I'm not mistaking, you was saying that you dont want
> to release your project as a free software).

I didn't know that ment people could annex my savannah project page
without my permission and cut me from it.  Perhaps that's in the fine
print of the GNU GPL somewhere?

> This is really strange, really unclear to me. There are many
> developpers involved in sorcerer project on savannah, I think we should
> know theirs feeling.

They're doing work on maintaing a rough draft of sorcery.
The new sorcery is not backward compatibile with the old sorcery.
They have a lot to learn in order to maintain the new grimoire.

> The project history is strange too, in a 1 min the half of the
> developpers were removed :

> It seems that jsvendsen given rights to drzero and this drzero have
> make some cleaning...

It was a mistake that I ever gave jsvendsen project admin rights,
if only I could have seen this comming.