Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of GNU Gnuzz

From: Jaime E . Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of GNU Gnuzz
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 14:41:49 +0000

I have reviewed your project tarball and everything looks fine, but there is
just a problem with the name of the project.

Since your project is not part of the GNU project yet, we cannot accept that
name for it. Of course there are lots of non-GNU projects with names such as
gnuplot and gnuboy, but they are not hosted in Savannah. In the projects we
host we want to keep the distinction between GNU and non-GNU projects, and
that's why we cannot accept that name.

Since you want to apply to make your project part of the GNU project, you can
change its name after it gets accepted.

Could you please submit your project again with a different name?
In the new registration you can mention that I have already reviewed and
approved your source code.

Thank you for your understanding.
Regards,
Jaime