Re: [Savannah-hackers] CVS Howto

From: Godefroid Chapelle
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] CVS Howto
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 09:39:00 +0200

At 19:13 16/05/2002, Jaime E . Villate wrote:
On Thu, May 16, 2002 at 06:31:47PM +0200, Godefroid Chapelle wrote:
> when issuing the following :
>
> "cvs -z3 address@hidden:/cvsroot/zfirebirdda/ add version.txt"
>
> I get the following question :
>
> "address@hidden's password:"
>
> which surprises me as it is well stated on Savannah site that :
>
> "Your savannah password is useless for cvs. You have to register a CVS/SSH
> Shared key in the Account Maintenance page for the machine from which you
> run cvs. "
>
> I think I have registered my key correctly.
>
> Any hints would be helpful.

Use:
cvs -t -z3 address@hidden:/cvsroot/zfirebirdda/ add version.txt

(It will fail too, but will give more details)
and send us its output to diagnose the problem.

Jaime

This is what I get with -t option.

cvs add: notice: main loop with address@hidden:/cvsroot/zfir
ebirdda/
 -> Starting server: ssh subversions.gnu.org -l gotcha cvs server
address@hidden's password:
Permission denied, please try again.
address@hidden's password:
Permission denied, please try again.
address@hidden's password:
Permission denied (password,publickey).
cvs [add aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if any)

--

Godefroid Chapelle

BubbleNet sprl
rue Victor Horta, 18 / 202