Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of A Wavelets module

From: Jaime E . Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of A Wavelets module for Python.
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 19:23:43 +0100

By not allowing military organisations to use your software, it is no longer
Free Software and it cannot be hosted here. To release Free Software you
have to trust the good will of people (someone who owns a knife is not a
necessarily a murder, even though knives can kill people).

You do not need to add condition ii) either, because it is already guaranteed
by the GPL. You just have to write a copyright notice in your programs to
retain their copyright and be able to change the license whenever you want to.

If you decide to accept one of the licenses in the list, you can register your
project here. If you would like to discuss additions to the GPL, you should
get in touch with the FSF.

Regards,
Jaime