[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Machmon

From: pbastos
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Machmon
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 09:15:20 -0400

Pedro Bastos <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: mbsd
Other License:
Package: Machmon
System name: machmon
This package wants to apply for inclusion in the GNU project

My project aims on creating a full-integrated tool for monitoring UNIX machines
following the client/server model, so that an administrator, from one single
machine, can see what\'s happening on the entire network (we are also planning
to use crypto for network communications). The monitoring program would fit
each network machine on a profile (webserver, mail server, etc), being able to,
using IA, decide when to warn the administrator or take decisions itself. To
collect information over the network, maybe we will use
SNMP or develop our own protocol, this is not decided up to the moment.
My project does this and this and will do that and that
Approximately twenty lines explaining the project in detail.

It does exist as an alpha version:
http://www.orgbyt.com/machmon.tar.gz

(works only under OpenBSD systems)

There\'s also a screenshot: