[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of gproxy

From: bokonon
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of gproxy
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 19:26:41 -0400

Michael Kr眉ger <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: gproxy
System name: gproxy

gproxy is an http gateway to GNUnet, so that you can retrieve stored files with
a webbrowser. For example, you can browse html documents linked to other
documents in GNUnet, using the existing (emerging) GNUnet as a distributed,
anonymous web.

I want to develop a small http server which forwards requests to the local
GNUnet node. Since *surfing* will be terrible slow, there is a need for
preloading and caching documents. It does not exist yet but I am working on it.
It is written in C.

Other Software Required:
GNUnet, http://www.gnu.org/software/GNUnet/

Other Comments:
The project emerged at the Berlin University of Technology (Germany),
in a course on decentralized system development.
German Homepage: http://flp.cs.tu-berlin.de/dese/