Re: [Savannah-hackers] phpgroupware

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] phpgroupware
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 00:06:06 +0200

This list is related to savannah administration, not phpgroupware development.

Please, take a look at http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/phpgroupware and contact this project fellows with their proper list.

Le jeu 27 jun 2002 à 10h10, address@hidden a écrit :
I really really want to use your PhpGroupWare. problem is I am at best
good with cgi files.
using mandrake 8.2 and webmin I cannot get things going. the
preinstalled phpgroupware just gives me parse errors.
I have downloaded the newest tar and extrated it to me web directory
(/var/www/html) and followed the instructions to the letter.
Using ssh logon with webmin and created the proper files and or
permissions. In the instructions it states to make a /tmp
directory ? loose on root? or within phpgrouware? (
var/www/html/phpgroupware ).
I own and run a small computer store repairing windows based machines.
Your product would be a perfect
solution for my customers to use amongst theirselves via one of my
servers.
I normally dont write and ask questions but I have spent 8 days
working on this and just cant get it up.
I have created a blank msql database named phpgroupware using webmin.
I have looked all over the place for
more informative instruction on how to install ( my own ignorance ).
Is there some trick I am missing?
the install from the mandrake disk doesnt appear to be functional at
all. I believe once it is up I can
maintain it on my own. I have reinstalled mandrake 8 times on one of
my boxes trying to
get the prduct up. If you know of any instructions more basic then the
ones on site
please let me know. Your product is very, very appealing to me. I am
sure many of my
friends would like to see it aswell.
I have written mandrake and have gotton no responce.
Thank you for your time.
Brian Mccurdy

Warning windows has detected mouse movement. Your computer will now
reboot.