Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Machmon

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Machmon
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 10:03:41 +0200

address@hidden writes:

 > Pedro Bastos <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
 > License: other
 > Other License: The original BSD license, if that\'s acceptable for you.

        The original BSD license is incompatible with the GNU
GPL. Savannah hosts development projects that are released under
mutually compatible licenses so that interaction and integration is
possible. A development project that is released under the
original BSD license cannot be reused by the majority of projects
hosted on Savannah. For this reason Savannah does not host projects
released under the original BSD license.

        Would it be a significant drawback for you to switch to the
modified BSD license ?

        Cheers,