Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of libevaluator libr

From: Jaime E . Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of libevaluator library
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 12:46:03 +0100

On Thu, Jul 11, 2002 at 05:33:52AM -0400, address@hidden wrote:

> Aleksandar B. Samardzic <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: gpl
> Other License:
> Package: libevaluator library
> System name: libevaluator
> This package wants to apply for inclusion in the GNU project

> libevaluator is a library which consists of several procedures which accept
> mathematical expressions as strings, making it possible to evaluate these
> expressions for given variable values and to analytically derivate
> expressions over given variables. The library has C and Fortran 90
> interfaces.
 Perhaps you mean "analytically differentiate expressions"? :-)

> Other Software Required:
>

> Other Comments:
> Intel Fortran 90 compiler is needed in order to compile Fortran 90 interface.

As far as I know that is a proprietary compiler and no free Fortran 90
compilers exist. In that case we cannot host your project here.

If you can remove that dependency on proprietary software, or if you know of a
free replacement for the Fortran 90 compiler, you can then register your
project again giving details.

Regards,
Jaime