Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Fwd: [Savannah-dev] [Bug #899] list creation

From: Guillaume Morin
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Fwd: [Savannah-dev] [Bug #899] list creation not working address@hidden
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 16:25:51 +0200

Hi folks,

Sorry for the silence, I just got back from holidays.

Dans un message du 24 jui à  9:33, Paul Fisher écrivait :
> Had all these savannah/fencepost behaviors been documented before
> fencepost was cracked, we wouldn't be having all these issues now.
>
> I'll update sysadmin.texi with relevant notes.  Please make sure that
> future changes to the savannah/fencepost behaviors are well
> documented.

This was documented. The name 'sfverify' was not mentionned, but all the
docs mention a CGI script to be installed. Just read the 'Mailman
Configuration' section in sysadmin.texi.

Anyway, I had created a directory with a Makefile, which handled the
installation automatically, and a README. Those have disappeared from
fp, I do not know why. More information could have been found in
http://savannah.gnu.org/docs/admin.php#Mailman.

BTW, I requested a root access to fp almost two weeks ago to fix that
myself. Apparently, my request got lost somewhere (yes, I already got a
normal user account on fp).

--
Guillaume Morin <address@hidden>

  Emacs, not just a way of life but a complete waste of disk space (Alan Cox)