Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of GnuSim - savannah.gnu.org

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of GnuSim - savannah.gnu.org
Date: 14 Aug 2002 21:32:52 +0200

address@hidden a tapoté :

> A package was submitted to savannah.gnu.org
>
> Maxime Biais <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: gpl
> Other License:
> Package: GnuSim
> System name: gnusim
> Type: 2

> GnuSim is a game like Simcity. The purpose is to create and manage your city.
> It does not exist yet but I\'m working on it :) and I always looking for
> developpers and artists who loved simcity to help me in building GnuSim
> (don\'t hesitate to contact me)
>
> Other Software Required:
> now GnuSim is based on the SDL library (www.libsdl.org)

Hi,

Could you create a tarbal with the code as it now exists
and make it available to a temporary URL, and then resubmit ?

Do not forget to include  copyright
notice and license notice at the beginning of every source
code file. See follow the advice of http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html

Also, since your project is not part of the GNU project yet we cannot accept
that Package name for it. Of course there are lots of non-GNU projects with
names such as gnuplot and gnuboy, but they are not hosted in Savannah. In the
projects we host we want to keep the distinction between GNU and non-GNU
projects, and that's why we don't accept that kind of name. If your project
is accepted into the GNU project, you can change its name later on.

Regards

http://savannah.gnu.org/users/yeupou
http://yeupou.coleumes.org
http://gpg.coleumes.org (GPG Key)