[Savannah-hackers] Re: want to move to Savannah

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: want to move to Savannah
Date: 20 Aug 2002 16:34:42 +0200

"George K. Thiruvathukal" <address@hidden> said:

> Hello,
>
> As written below, Brett has asked me to contact the Savannah
> hackers. Hackers of the world, unite!
>
> I am currently using SourceForge to host a number of projects. At present,
> 3 of my projects are actually making use of SourceForge. I would like to
> migrate the projects to Savannah as I have a desire to move away from
> SourceForge. Most of my projects are GPL, LGPL, or BSD in terms of
> licensing model.
>
> The projects that I would like to move now are:
>
> apt: a C based compiler toolkit that includes a lightweight lexical
> scanning tool, an LL-style parser generator, and a "node tool" for
> building and manipulating abstract syntax trees quickly. (GPL)
>
> slither: a Python based toolkit for building web applications. It's part
> of my book entitled "Web Programming in Python: Techniques..." (BSD)
>
> jhpc: a Java programming library featuring a number of patterns/techniques
> for working with threads and networking. It is an accompaniment to my book
> on "High-Performance Java Platform Computing: Threads and
> Networking. (GPL)
>
> I have some other approved SourceForge projects that I will eventually
> move to Savannah but (for now) can wait since I have not even started
> uploading code, etc.
>
> I'm assuming that I should get registered on Savannah and then the process
> can begin. Please let me know how I can get started.

Create and account, login, and click on "register a new project".
You need to do a submission for each project you want to host.

We'll (savannah-hackers) check your submissions and, if everything is
ok (pointer to a tarball (or a cvsview) where license and copying
conditions are completely inserted, no dependancies on proprietary
softwares) we'll approve them.

And then, transition would be done.

If you want us to import a CVS tree, add a pointer to a cvs-tree
tarball in your project description.

 << GPG Key  << http://gpg.coleumes.org              <<