[Savannah-hackers] Re: mldonkey licensing

From: MLdonkey
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: mldonkey licensing
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 01:26:42 +0200 (CEST)

Sorry of disturbing you again,

>  An undefined (by which I assume you mean unstated) license is always
>  proprietary;  the default is "all rights reserved".

The files are currently distributed in obfuscated form (2 obfuscated
files inside a 300 non-obfuscated files package). Is it possible to
put a restriction in the licence for the software to be GPL (ie
completely redistributable), with the only exception that these 2
files are distributed not in "the most readable form for modification"
(but still under other GPL terms), and only these two files. Would
such a software be considered as free-software ?

- Fabrice