[Savannah-hackers] Re: group-id needed for /upload

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: group-id needed for /upload
Date: 24 Aug 2002 17:10:43 +0200

Brad Barber <address@hidden> said:

> At 04:02 AM 8/23/2002, Mathieu Roy wrote:
> >Brad Barber <address@hidden> said:
> >
> > > Please place
> > >       rlaboiss
> > >       bradb2
> > > under the same Unix groupid and assign
> > >       /upload/qhull/*
> > > to this group id.
> > >
> > > I can upload new directories into /upload/qhull with scp
> > > but I can not upload a new directory into /upload/qhull/qhull.pkg.
> > > I believe the problem is that
> > >       qhull.pkg
> > > is owned by rlaboiss.
> >
> >I changed ownership to to qhull.
>
> Thanks for the quick reply.  For some reason, the permissions
> do not work.   I think the problem is that qhull.pkg is now owned by
> 'qhull', but I'm running scp as myself (bradb2).   Either Rafael or myself
> should be able to upload files into the same directories.
>
> I think the file permissions should be set to 664 with a uid of the
> uploader (bradb2 or rlaboiss) and gid of "qhull".  This may require changing
> the umask and gid of our user accounts.
>
> Thanks for your help, and for providing the site.
>
>                                                  --Brad

The correct mode is 2775/drwxrwsr-x
Applyed to all your download area.
Take care to the mode of the file you upload. Normally, scp shouldnt
preserve original mode while copying, as if the option -p was used,
but it happens.

It should be ok now.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

 << GPG Key  << http://gpg.coleumes.org              <<