[Savannah-hackers] Re: savannah sucks

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: savannah sucks
Date: 27 Aug 2002 20:32:52 +0200

address@hidden (Thomas Bushnell, BSG) said:

Final note:
In many mails, you used the term "peon". To me, there are no peons here.
Savannah normal users, without kerberos access neither full shell
account on subversions, ARE NOT peons. There are users.

What is the basis of security? Giving shell account to everyone? I do
not think so. Sure, I do not have a clue about security, you may
think (say).

The problem is not the fact you have an account or not. The fact is I
cannot check every user configuration everytime I receive a support
request.
So what should I do? Let the request pending until I can check
everything? Directly write a short mail asking for more informations
and retelling basic help?

I generally choose the second option, and the most of the users seems
fine with that.

 << GPG Key  << http://gpg.coleumes.org              <<