[Savannah-hackers] submission of Sistema_de_Facturacion_en_Linux - savan

From: saaib
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Sistema_de_Facturacion_en_Linux - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2002 01:38:33 -0400

A package was submitted to savannah.gnu.org

Urivan Saaib <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: Sistema_de_Facturacion_en_Linux
System name: factura
Type: 2

We\'re trying to build an accounting and billing system to support the
common latin american needs (we\'ll first develop focusing on the
Mexico tax laws), because we think that this is one of the aplications
that will make it easier to switch into linux in the medium and small
business.

The description of the technology is something like :

 DB   <-------> Accounting/Billing System <-------> Client Application
        query                                XML

Our intention is to use MySQL as the first DBA, and problably either C/Perl/PHP
to build the System. The client will have the definition of the xml messages so
it can be developed on several platforms, for testing purposes, the first
client will be written in PHP.

Other Software Required:
MySQL
PHP
Apache

Other Comments:
We\'re part of the Ensenada LUG (Ensenada, BC Mexico) and we\'ve been
discussing about this kind of software in the Mexican business. We have
intentions to provide commercial support since some of us work on software
companies.