[Savannah-hackers] Re: evilwm

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: evilwm
Date: 06 Sep 2002 14:39:44 +0200

Ciaran Anscomb <address@hidden> said:

> Mathieu Roy wrote:
> >
> > In order to release your project under the GPL you
> > should write copyright notice and copying conditions
> > at the beginning of every source code file, ...
> > [snip]
> > The GPL FAQ can help you to understand the reason behind
> > thoses obligations. For example, there is a entry explaining
> > why does the GPL require including a copy of the GPL with
> > every copy of the program:
> >
> I understand what would need to be done, but I don't believe I can
> do it due to the licence inherited from the code the project is based
> upon.
> I probably should have made that more clear in the initial submission.
> > Could you resubmit once it's done?
> > You can resubmit your project with ease by copying
> > the big re-registration URL provided in the mail
> > you receive at submission
> I would, however, still like to host it on savannah, if possible!
> Given that I don't think I can relicense under the GPL, do I still need
> to resubmit?

You do not have to relicense your project under GPL. The license just
need to be GPL-compatible. While registering your project, you must select
the correct license and then insert copying statements and copyright
notices in each files, plus a full text version of the license, as
explained for the GPL case.

Mathieu Roy
 << Profile  << <<
 >> Homepage >>           >>