[Savannah-hackers] @gnu.org or @mail.freesoftware.fsf.org?

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] @gnu.org or @mail.freesoftware.fsf.org?
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2002 16:01:21 -0600

Savannah Hackers

Recently a new project was set up on Savannah, GNU Core Utils, which
is a combined File, Shell and Text Utils.  The new mailing list in
mailman lists @mail.freesoftware.fsf.org as the list address.  Most of
us prefer the shorter, easier to remember and easier to type @gnu.org
address.  I changed the address to match what has been in effect and
what matches all of the existing delivered documentation.

What is the scoop with @mail.freesoftware.fsf.org?  Is that a global
conversion that is happening?  Should we be changing our documentation
to reference that address?  I am hoping not and hoping it was just a
startup glitch.  Hoping you will say no problem, keep using @gnu.org.

Thanks
Bob