[Savannah-hackers] Re: @gnu.org or @mail.freesoftware.fsf.org?

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: @gnu.org or @mail.freesoftware.fsf.org?
Date: 09 Sep 2002 11:26:47 +0200

address@hidden (Bob Proulx) said:

> Savannah Hackers
>
> Recently a new project was set up on Savannah, GNU Core Utils, which
> is a combined File, Shell and Text Utils.  The new mailing list in
> mailman lists @mail.freesoftware.fsf.org as the list address.  Most of
> us prefer the shorter, easier to remember and easier to type @gnu.org
> address.  I changed the address to match what has been in effect and
> what matches all of the existing delivered documentation.
>
> What is the scoop with @mail.freesoftware.fsf.org?  Is that a global
> conversion that is happening?  Should we be changing our documentation
> to reference that address?  I am hoping not and hoping it was just a
> startup glitch.  Hoping you will say no problem, keep using @gnu.org.

Normally, @gnu.org should be used for GNU projects as yours. At
https://savannah.gnu.org/mail/?group=coreutils everything seems ok. Can you
tell us where are the occurences of @mail.freesoftware.fsf.org?

@mail.freesoftware.fsf.org is dedicated to non-gnu projects hosted at
savannah. I'd like a shorter, easier to remember and faster to type
address for thoses non-gnu projects but it will not happend soon I
guess.

 << GPG Key  << http://gpg.coleumes.org              <<