[Savannah-hackers] Re: dselect-upgrade on subversions.gnu.org

From: Jeff Bailey
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: dselect-upgrade on subversions.gnu.org
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 06:04:09 -0700

On Mon, Sep 09, 2002 at 09:30:59AM +0200, Loic Dachary wrote:

>       I was about to dselect-upgrade subversions.gnu.org. First I
> searched for unwanted upgrades and figured all libc upgrades were in
> this category.  Some custom libc packages located at /usr/src were
> not marked as hold. I changed this:

There's still one constant left hardcoded in glibc based on
NGROUPS_MAX.  The trick is to do an `apt-get build-dep glibc', and
then `apt-get -b source glibc'.  Install the resulting binary.

If you know what the syscall should be to probe the live kernel,
please let me know and I'll work to get it integrated upstream.

Tks,
Jeff Bailey

--
At last you cry out in anguish: "Why me?"
God answers: "Why not?"