[Savannah-hackers] Re: @gnu.org or @mail.freesoftware.fsf.org?

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: @gnu.org or @mail.freesoftware.fsf.org?
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 08:09:20 -0600

Mathieu

> address@hidden (Bob Proulx) said:
> > I changed the address to match what has been in effect and what
> > matches all of the existing delivered documentation.

> Normally, @gnu.org should be used for GNU projects as yours. At
> https://savannah.gnu.org/mail/?group=coreutils everything seems ok. Can you
> tell us where are the occurences of @mail.freesoftware.fsf.org?

I changed it from mail.freesoftware.fsf.org to gnu.org yesterday and
then sent off the question to you.  I assumed that if you really
wanted it at mail.freesoftware.fsf.org you could argue for it and
defend it.

The addresses are configured through the mailman interface in the
"General Options" page, "Host name this list prefers" and "Base URL
for Mailman web interface".  But as I said I changed those back to
gnu.org yesterday.

> @mail.freesoftware.fsf.org is dedicated to non-gnu projects hosted at
> savannah. I'd like a shorter, easier to remember and faster to type
> address for thoses non-gnu projects but it will not happend soon I
> guess.

That must be it.  When GNU Core Utils was set it up it must have been
set up like a non-gnu project instead of a gnu project.  All fixed now.

Thanks
Bob