[Savannah-hackers] Re: savannah using non-free software?

From: coriordan
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: savannah using non-free software?
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 16:37:14 +0100

> Apparently, you're the first one that thought about it.

hmmm. what a pedant i am :)

> > I suggest moving savannah to a remote oracle based server.  The
>
> Wonderfull idea!
> We definitely will do that.

Or, the FSF could host it's projects on sourceforge ;)

> PS1:
> personnally, I see a difference between google usage and the other
> examples you give

well, it's all making use of non-free software (except php4).

> PS2:
> PHP4 is now as free as apache. So, someday, we will maybe use it.

yeah, I didn't have time to come up with better ideas.

Thanks for your response, I take it you agree with removing this
bug?  I haven't yet used the functionality, if it only searches
the savannah site you could look into using "ht://dig" (name
slightly wrong) like the gnu.org site uses.  Personaly I don't
like ht:/dig but it's the only free search engine software I
know of.

Please CC me on any other discussion about this as I am not on
the list, I'll monitor the archives anyway.

Thanks for the response.

Ciaran O'Riordan