[Savannah-hackers] submission of The Open and Free Technology Community

From: david
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of The Open and Free Technology Community - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 04:05:30 -0400

David B Harris <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: other
Other License: Software is licensed under various licenses, including the GNU
GPLv2, the GNU LGPL, the Berkeley Distribution License (without advertising
clause).
Package: The Open and Free Technology Community
System name: oftc
Type: non-GNU

This is primarily an experimental registration at savannah.gnu.org; I\'m
involved in a project(\"OFTC\", http://www.oftc.net) that aims to provide
similar services.

Other Software Required:
bison, flex. gettext. A C library.

Other Comments:
This registration is primarily to see what savannah.gnu.org \"does right\",
technically-speaking.

We do have software, and we can upload it (in fact, I probably will - again, to
check things out); it\'s all released under various Free licenses (all of which
pass the DFSG check). Most (all?) of it is under the GNU GPL, I\'ll have to do
an audit to make sure of it.

The web site is a wee bit bare right now, you\'ll have to exuse it. A wee bit
bare right now, you\'ll have to excuse it. Current software that\'s tarred up
and fit for redistribution is http://www.oftc.net/oftc-ircd-1.1.0.tar.gz, and
http://www.oftcnet/oftc-blitzed-1.0.2.tar.gz.

Right, think that covers it.

(Please note that the name was primarily derived from the acronym \"OFTC\" [a
bit of reverse-engineering there]; the \"Open and Free\" bit, hopefully, covers
all bases.)