[Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of Jasmin - the Free Academic Institut

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of Jasmin - the Free Academic Institution D - savannah.gnu.org
Date: 29 Sep 2002 13:21:10 +0200

address@hidden said:

> A package was submitted to savannah.gnu.org
>
> Andrew George Rose <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: gpl
> Other License:
> Package: Jasmin - the Free Academic Institution D
> System name: jasmin
> Type: GNU

> Jasmin - the Free Academic Institution Data Management System
>
> Jasmin hopes to be all current academic data management systems are not, it
> is currently being designed by a sole hacker that has the poor job of having
> to work day in day out with poorly designed and maintained software that has
> a un-natural amount of things going wrong with it day in day out, to make
> matters worse I cant fix these problems so have to wait for there developers
> to fix the problems.. a problem with the developers is they lact certain need
> to know info.. i.e. \'match\' can NOT be used as a colum name in sql.. its
> been that way since 1992.. but because MSSQL lets them do it they do it, also
> they lack the ability to communicate, when one problem is fixed the one
> before that is broken again because there builds dont seem to work in any
> kind of CVS system.. or bluntly they just DONT COMMUNICATE.
>
> So Jasmin hopes to fix these problems by developing a stable system, thats
> free software, where the developers communicate, and the software complies to
> current standards and can run on ANY system.

I have trouble to figure out how can be your software.

Could you please resubmit your project again with a
detailed technical description?
Half a page will do.

Also, could you create a tarball with the code as it
now exists and make it available to a temporary URL
(and add this url to your description while submitting
the project)?

We want to help you fix potential legal issues.
For example, in order to release your project under
the GPL you should write copyright notices and copying
permission statements at the beginning of every source code
file, following the advice of
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html

Could you resubmit your project once it's done?
You can resubmit your project with ease by copying
the big re-registration URL provided in the mail
you received  at submission

 << GPG Key  << http://gpg.coleumes.org              <<