[Savannah-hackers] submission of GNU Bangla Fonts Project - savannah.non

From: unmadindu
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of GNU Bangla Fonts Project - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2002 11:43:34 -0400

Sayamindu Dasgupta <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: GNU Bangla Fonts Project
System name: gnubangfonts
Type: non-GNU

The proposed project aims to be a centralised place for GPL\'ed Bengali/Bangla
fonts. Bengali is the 5th largest language in the world (in terms of people
speaking it), and it is a pity that there is no centralised place from where
users can download Free Bengali fonts. I am an amateur font developer, and I am
at present developing a set of Bengali Open Type Fonts (OTF), which are
completely Unicode compliant, and I plan to get more developers interested in
making Free fonts for Bengali, which can be hosted in here.

I have already made a OTF for Bengali - but, as I do not have the testing
software (I need GNOME 2), I have not released it yet. I will be getting GNOME
2 later this week, and I plan to release it then. If you want the fonts, let me
know at my email address, and I will send it to you. I have checked it in Yudit
(www.yudit.org), and it is working - but still I need to see it in Gnome 2.

Other Software Required:
Any font rendering engine that supports Indic OTF rendering (Latest version of
Pango, etc)

Other Comments:
None