[Savannah-hackers] Request for a GNU account / subversions account

From: Alex Lancaster
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Request for a GNU account / subversions account
Date: 03 Oct 2002 03:29:32 -0700

Hello,

I would like to request a GNU account, and shell access to
subversions.

I am currently a volunteer with three GNU projects:

1) Classpath-tools (http://www.gnu.org/software/cp-tools/), a "tools"
   companion project to classpath (includes a free replacement for
   Sun's Javadoc and Doclet setup) where I am a maintainer /
   administrator, and developer.  I assigned copyright (jointly with
   Julian Scheid) on the TexiDoclet component of this project to the
   FSF.  All documentation for GNU Classpath can be generated with
   the javadoc replacement part of cp-tools (known as gjdoc).

2) Classpath (http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath/), where I am a
   developer (Classpath-tools is a "sub-project" of Classpath).

3) Classpathx (http://www.gnu.org/software/classpathx/), where I am
   also developer (Classpath-tools is an another "companion" of
   Classpath, re-implementing packages in Sun's javax namespace).

I also maintain a (currently non-GNU) free software project:

   Swarm (http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/swarm/,
   http://www.swarm.org/), a GNU GPL-licensed framework for
   agent-based modelling, which has been around since 1995.

I have contributed to the GNU project now for over a year (having
setup and maintained the GNU Classpath-tools project), and worked with
GNU GPL'ed free software projects (Swarm) for over 5 years.

As part of volunteering for both GNU Project, I often need to
rearrange certain aspects of the CVS repositories at the shell-level,
so I feel that my capacity as a GNU volunteer would be enhanced by
having a shell account.

I would also ask for a login to subversions.gnu.org, so I can do the
relevant CVS server manipulation.

Nic Ferrier <address@hidden> and Brian Jones <address@hidden>, admins
for classpathx and classpath, respectively, can act as "referees" to
verify my status.

Regards,

Alex
--
Alex Lancaster * Dept. of Integrative Biology, UC Berkeley (ib.berkeley.edu)
Swarm Development Group, Santa Fe, NM (www.swarm.org) * www.santafe.edu/~alex