[Savannah-hackers] Re: Ease use of the free translation project

From: Martin Quinson
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Ease use of the free translation project
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 17:55:35 +0200

On Fri, Nov 16, 2001 at 06:18:25PM +0000, Jaime E. Villate wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 16, 2001 at 11:04:34AM -0500, address@hidden wrote:
> > Well, I don't know exactly, we'll have to make some design
> > thinking before, and I never seen the savannah source code.
> Take a look at it:
>   http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/savannah/savannah/www/

Ok, but I would like to download it in order to browse it offline.

> It's all php scripts.
> You will probably want to change project/admin/index.php adding a link to the
> translated po files for "the project", in the translation site at U. of
> Montreal. That should be easy. The difficult part will be figuring out which
> projects (packages) don't have po files at the translation site.

For me, the difficult part will be to decide when to send the po file to the
robot. We should make a "Pre-release version" button which the admin of a
project have to push a week before the release so that the translators have
time to do their job.

The second problem is how to get the translation in the project back. Should
we write to the cvs (which branch ?), add a button 'get the translation from
the TP', or something else?

> Related to this translation system, I've thought that we should encourage the
> translation teams to use Savannah; or even better if the po repository was
> kept in Savannah. Do you know the administrators of that translation project?

Yes, but sadly, they just decided to move to sf...

Thanks, Mt.