[Savannah-hackers] submission of pppsurvd - savannah.nongnu.org

From: baptiste . simon
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of pppsurvd - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 03:31:58 -0400

Baptiste SIMON <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: pppsurvd
System name: pppsurvd
Type: non-GNU

pppsurvd\'s project was made to manage pppsurvd and to create a pool of tools
for it.

pppsurvd is a little deamon which can survey your connection and, when it
disconnects, running your own re-connexion tool (it can be a part of
pppsurvd\'s project). It is also able to contact your Dynamic DNS service
provider to give him your new IP (it can be a part of pppsurvd\'s project).

It works verifying the existence of a given interface (like ppp0) and if it
passes, pinging your first router placed on this interface.

The pppsurvd\'s tools are programs which are able to reconnect an interface
(like pppsurvd-eciusb or pppsurvd-speedtouchusb which are respectivly able to
reconnect an ECI USB ADSL modem and a Speedtouch USB modem) or to update your
dynamic DNS (like pppsurvd-dyndns which is able to contact dyndns.org to update
it) or even adapt pppsurvd to a specific GNU/Linux distribution.

pppsurvd was created to work only on UNICES plateforms and more precisely on a
GNU/Linux plateform. It requires principaly ifconfig, ping, bash.

pppsurvd is now still in development but it appears to be stable working alone.
Some pppsurvd\'s tools always appear not enough stable today, but are working
properly in most use cases.
Because pppsurvd is not interesting working alone (in a production
environment), I hadn\'t released it publicly. Today, with some tools, I have
decided to bring it out.
If all the project is not complete here... excuse me. I\'m quite busy but I
work on it !

Other Software Required:
For pppsurvd without tool :
(GNU/Linux)