Re: [Savannah-hackers] [ 101401 ] SSH connection is dropped

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] [ 101401 ] SSH connection is dropped
Date: 15 Oct 2002 21:34:51 +0000

> Support Request #101401, was updated on 2002-Oct-15 11:46
> You can respond by visiting:
> http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?func=detailsupport&support_id=101401&group_id=11
>
> Category: SSH Connection
>
> By: proski
> Date: 2002-Oct-15 17:04
> Logged In: YES
> user_id=118
> Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.0; Windows 1984; Genuine Mozilla)
>
> It is not an answer. You didn't read what I wrote. You
> didn't even read the first sentence of my request.

Hi,

The reason yeupou said that is that the command line you gave us in
your support request looks wierd and unusual.

Here is what you said:

I cannot use CVS over ssh. It stopped working when GNU
was cracked last time. I uploaded the new ssh1 key
since then. The connection is closed as soon as ssh
authenticates me:

$ ssh -1 -v subversions.gnu.org cvs server
.
.
.
<<<

The command "ssh -1 -v su..." is not a valid savannah command.

To contact the cvs server via SSH you should be doing:

   CVS_RSH=ssh cvs -d address@hidden:/cvsroot/projectname ....

But you're not doing that.

If you look at the trace you've supplied us it is clear that the ssh
daemon is passing the "server" command to CVS and then falling over.

The instructions for using CVS are fairly clearly printed on each
project page under the "CVS" link.

Nic Ferrier