Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Border Crosser - savannah.nongnu.or

From: Rudy Gevaert
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Border Crosser - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 22:48:43 +0100

Hi,

Your project has been aproved. You will shortly reveive a email containing instructions.

Happy hacking,

Rudy

address@hidden wrote:

Andrew Roland <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License: Package: Border Crosser
System name: bordercross
Type: non-GNU

For the past two or three weeks I\'ve been working on developing a game called border crosser. The basic idea is to be a text based adventure game. It is to simulate the travels of a Mexican citizen attempting to enter the US illegally. Before I go any further I would like to clarify that this game is not meant to be offensive. I\'m creating it to be a fun game, but also to protest current US immigration regulations. I think that the border should be open to anyone willing to live here.
The code that I have written so far is in Python. I\'ve got a basic foundation
built, but I\'d like to be able to get help from others with creating a more
advanced game. As I mentioned in me resume, I\'m a high school student, and I
don\'t know anyone that can program in python, which is why I\'d like to make
it free software, and allow worldwide collaboration.
Anyway, in the future I\'d like to move from a well written text based game to
having a graphical interface to better illustrate the game.

As I said above, the game doesn\'t exist yet in a playable state, but if you
all would like to review what I\'ve got so far, I\'d be glad to tar it and post
it somewhere.

Other Software Required:
python

Other Comments: