Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of SawHide - savannah.nongnu.org

From: Rudy Gevaert
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of SawHide - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 22:55:46 +0100

address@hidden wrote:

Michel Alexandre Salim <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License: Package: SawHide
System name: sawhide
Type: non-GNU

Sawhide provides Red Hat users bleeding-edge packages for their distribution,
using Apt-RPM to resolve dependencies. Packages are made available if they
fulfill the requirement of providing additional features or fix shortcomings;
thus for example, a beta version of a package that is reputed to improve
performance without much stability problem will be eligible.

The source and binary RPMs are currently hosted on my personal website,
http://salimma.freeshell.org but a spike in demand after my backport of
Evolution 1.1.2 was made available means that my quota limit is no longer
enough to satisfy demand.

Currently available packages include Gaim 0.60cvs (Gtk2 version), Evolution
1.1.2, GnomeMeeting 0.94.1, Transcode 0.6.2-20021024, dvd::rip 0.47_05,
Bogofilter, Hugs98 (a Haskell interpreter), GDancer, Goom, LiveICE and MAD
plugins for XMMS, and Rhythmbox CVS.

Other Software Required:
Software made available in my Apt repository may depend on the Apt repositories
of FreshRPMS (freshrpms.net) and Gstreamer (gstreamer.net), in addition to any
RPMs distributed with the latest Red Hat distribution + updates

The space given to you on the savannah server is given for the expressed purpose of advancing Free Software (software development, documentation, organizing events, system administration of machines etc.).

Although I like what you are doing I cannot approve your project.

You could ask the maintainers of the software you are packaging to put your files on their site.

Kind regards,

Rudy