Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Talen Vocabulary Trainer - savannah

From: Jaime E. Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Talen Vocabulary Trainer - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 17:43:57 +0000

On Tue, Oct 29, 2002 at 02:32:36PM +0100, Alexander Kellett wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 27, 2002 at 09:28:57PM +0000, Jaime E . Villate wrote:
> > If you do not have any host available where to put a tarball for us to
> > evaluate it, please e-mail me a copy of the tarball.
>
> okay. i've attached it to this mail.
Hi,
I've looked at your tarball and it's mostly OK, except for two minor things:
  1- The address of the FSF in COPYING is wrong (is the old address). Please
     replace COPYING by the newest version in
     http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt
  2- You should use a free documentation license for the data files so people
     can help you improve them. I suggest that you use the FDL. Please read
         http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl-howto.html
     for advice.

> > Once you do, please register your project again and in the new registration
> > say that you've emailed the tarball to me for evaluation (or if you find a
> > temporary host, give the URL).
Please do those changes and send me a new tarball.

> p.s: i'm not really sure about the license i should put in jumble.rb
> as i'd like for it to just be public domain, its just too small to
> really deserve a gpl :)

You can use a simpler license (such as the modified BSD license) which would
be pratically equivalent to public domain. A better choice would be to use the
FDL for it too, and it can be easily done in 3 lines, as explained in the URL
I gave you above:
        http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl-howto.html

Cheers,
Jaime