[Savannah-hackers] submission of C-services -

From: webmaster
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of C-services -
Date: Sat, 09 Nov 2002 16:22:48 -0500

A package was submitted to

jens hermans <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: C-services
System name: cservice
Type: non-GNU

C-services is an irc-service intended for a wide range of irc-servers.
Currently only vantage (can be found on is supported, but the
next fase in our project is porting it to other servers. C-services doesn\'t
use the nickserv, chanserv, operserv etc principle, it uses one central bot
that performs  all the tasks. Among the allready supported features are:
registering channels, kicks, clearchans (mass operations on an entire chans,
kick everyone, remove all bans, ..), kills, glines, jupes, ... Data is stored
in a mysql-database. One of the key features of our services is the fact that
users remain loged in, even if services go offline for a short period. (The
vantageserver has special commands to provide this features, for other ircd\'s
user data is going to be stored elsewhere).

We are working on the project and we currently have a beta-version for the
vantage-ircd. You can find a recent tar on (temporary link, no actual site
connected to it)

Other Software Required:
C-services depends on the mysql-library. It\'s written in C

Other Comments: