[Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of GQuickDraw -

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of GQuickDraw -
Date: 12 Nov 2002 21:53:38 +0100

address@hidden said:

> A package was submitted to
> Ingo Ruhnke <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: gpl
> Other License:
> Package: GQuickDraw
> System name: gquickdraw
> Type: non-GNU
> GQuickDraw is meant as a very simple and stupid graphic library, basically a
> wrapper around a small subset of Xlib functions. Its aim is it to allow
> graphic access with a minimum effort, something like:
> gd_init_screen(640, 480);
> gd_set_color(0xFF00FF);
> gd_draw_line(100, 100, 250, 200);
> GQuickDraw is written in C and bindings will be provided for both Python and
> Guile. Support for mouse, joystick and load/save of png\'s is planed.
> I started this thing because I missed the ease of use of old Basic dialects,
> which often allowed such easy ways to create graphics, while under C most
> libraries require a huge amount of init code, which sometimes gets larger
> then the programm I indent to write. This library isn\'t meant for real
> applications, but instead for tiny prototypes or visualisations of algorithms.
> The current code is available at (well, its a uncleaned dump of my working
> directory):

In order to release your project under the GPL you
should write copyright notices and copying permission
statements at the beginning of every source-code file, and
include a copy of the plain text version of the GPL
( copy it, for
instance, into a file named COPYING).

Please follow the advice of

The GPL FAQ can also help you understand the reason behind
thoses recommendations. For example, there is an entry explaining
why the GPL requires including a copy of the GPL with
every copy of the program:

Could you resubmit your project once it's done?
You can resubmit your project with ease by copying
the big re-registration URL provided in the mail
you received  at submission

Mathieu Roy
 << Profile  << <<
 >> Homepage >>           >>