[Savannah-hackers] Re: The Linux Kernel/BitKeeper Issue and how to Resol

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: The Linux Kernel/BitKeeper Issue and how to Resolve It
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 00:14:14 -0500

    > Would you like to do the work of making some other VC system run on
    > savannah.gnu.org?

    With pleasure! But I'll need ssh access to the system, and a path where I
    can install Apache 2.0, libdb-4.0, and Subversion itself system-wide.

Savannah is our CVS hosting site.  It is already running Apache and
many other things.  You can't expect to install some other VC system
there as if you were operating on a blank machine!  You would have
to study the software that is running there now, and figure out how
to change it to support multiple VC systems.

It is not clear that we want to use Subversion.  We might rather use
Aegis and/or Arch.  They are both GPL-covered, and we prefer to use
GPL-covered software rather than non-GPL-covered free software when
given the choice.

I have cc'd the people who run Savannah; they can tell you where
to look at the software that is running now on Savannah so you
can try to write the changes to support multiple VC systems.