[Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of Python-PDI - savannah.nongnu.org

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of Python-PDI - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: 15 Nov 2002 18:59:33 +0100

address@hidden said:

> Peter Gebauer <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: gpl
> Other License:
> Package: Python-PDI
> System name: python-pdi
> Type: non-GNU

> Python-PDI (Python Personal Data Interchange)
>
> This is a Python package that provides an object oriented framework for
> handling PDI-style (vCard and iCalendar) data.
>
> The API is designed with extensibility in mind. As well as supporting
> existing formats (aiming at 100% RFC compliance) one can design entirely new
> formats or extend the existing with the object oriented
> model.
> The API also contains validation methods for validating on component,
> property and property-type level.
>
> Unreleased code is available at http://www.restamus.org/python-pdi.tar.gz

In order to release your project under the GPL you
should write copyright notices and copying permission
statements at the beginning of every source-code file, and
include a copy of the plain text version of the GPL
(http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt copy it, for
instance, into a file named COPYING).

Please follow the advice of
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html

The GPL FAQ can also help you understand the reason behind
thoses recommendations. For example, there is an entry explaining
why the GPL requires including a copy of the GPL with
every copy of the program:
 http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#WhyMustIInclude

Could you resubmit your project once it's done?
You can resubmit your project with ease by copying
the big re-registration URL provided in the mail
you received  at submission