Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Experimental Hash - savannah.gnu.or

From: Rudy Gevaert
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Experimental Hash - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 12:00:33 +0100

On Sat, Nov 30, 2002 at 07:48:57AM -0500, address@hidden wrote:

> A package was submitted to savannah.gnu.org
>

> sundaresh <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: lgpl
> Other License:
> Package: Experimental Hash
> System name: exphash
> Type: GNU

> My project is currently Hash table management.It is an ANSI-C compliant C
> open source s/w released under LGPL.

Note that Savannah supports projects of the Free Software
movement, not projects of the Open Source movement.
We are careful about ethical issues and insist on
producing software that is not dependent on proprietary
software.

While Open Source as defined by it's founders means
Free Software, it's frequently misunderstood.
For more information, read
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-software-for-freedom.html

Please change this in your submittion text.

> This module features Rehashing and synonym chaining(ordered and unorderd
> hashing).It can be ideally integrated into glibc.The
> existing version is bug-free and supports ordered hashing for keys of
> arbitrary length.The hashing can be static or dynamic.This module has been
> featured in cuj.The link is
>
> http://www.cuj.com/link/whatsnew.htm?topic=link
>
> It is called Hash table management library and is highlighted under
> both ALgorithms and Data-Structures section.This link leads to
> to the following download page at programmers heaven
>
> http://www.programmersheaven.com/search/download.asp?FileID=23831

Alas, I could not download it, I get the following error:

   End:106 Please contact WEBMASTER

Could you supply a direct url to the tarball?

> where sadly my excellent s/w has been reduced to a number on the system.
>

> Other Software Required:
>

> Other Comments:
> Please suggest a name for this project.

freehash?

Could you resubmit your project once it's done?
You can resubmit your project with ease by copying
the big re-registration URL provided in the mail
you received  at submission

Rudy Gevaert ; address@hidden
http://www.webworm.org ; http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/glms
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who
understand binary, and those who don't