[Savannah-hackers] submission of genpasswd - A simple password generator

From: jbreker
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of genpasswd - A simple password generator - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2002 21:32:43 -0500

A package was submitted to savannah.gnu.org

Jeff Breker <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: genpasswd - A simple password generator
System name: genpasswd
Type: GNU

I started development on the genpasswd utility as a personal project something
simple that would do what I wanted it to do, mainly generate passwords (lots of
them). Sometimes I wanted 8 character long passwords and sometimes 15. The
genpasswd utility generates passwords plain and simple. It wasn\'t built to
generate passwords the fastest, nor was it built to generate strong random
passwords (altho I plan on implementing some algorithms to strengthen the
randomness in the future). You can specify the size, the number of passwords
and even the kinds of characters you want in the password.

Because of personal issues with sourceforge.net I am looking for a new place to
maintain this small software project.

It already exists and you can download the latest distribution at

Other Software Required:

Other Comments: