[Savannah-hackers] Re: [dev-serveez] Re: Serveez CVS repository

From: stefan
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: [dev-serveez] Re: Serveez CVS repository
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2002 18:36:11 +0100 (CET)

On 8 Dec 2002, Mathieu Roy wrote:

> stefan <address@hidden> said:
>
> > On 8 Dec 2002, Mathieu Roy wrote:
> >
> > > You can do both. You normally have write access to your project
> > > CVSROOT, as any other module.
> >
> > Ok. The 'cvsignore' file  works fine now.  But it looks like the history
> > file must read/write so that the cvs server cann add its info lines...
> > Could you please do that for me?  The file itself should be there now.
>
> Can you give more details? I dont get what means "the history file
> must read/write"?

IMHO the cvs server adds a line to the 'history' file (if it exists) for
each checkout/commit/etc.  In the original CVSROOT of serveez the
'history' file had these permissions: '-rw-r--r--'.  Any other (CVS
managed) files do have '-r--r--r--' permissions (are not writable).

Thus "read/write" just means that the file must have write permissions for
the file owner.

Cheers,
        address@hidden