[Savannah-hackers] submission of patchwork quilt - savannah.nongnu.org

From: Martin . Quinson
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of patchwork quilt - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 10:39:51 -0500

Martin Quinson <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License: I know the code isn\'t GPL clean for now, but I\'ll change that
just after the cvs import
Package: patchwork quilt
System name: quilt
Type: non-GNU

This project isa  set of bash scripts useful to manage a patch set.
The set is seen as a stack, and you can push a patch to the directory, workthe
files involved, pop the patch back, make a tarball without your changes, push
all your changes, mail your patches in a form conforming tothe linux kernel
standards (ie, documentation diffstat patch itself in the mail) and so on.

These scripts were done by Andrew Morton and others for the maintenance of
kernel branches. I now use them for completely different projects, so
theyarenot kernel dependant anymore.For now, these scripts (called
patch-scripts) are available from:http://www.zip.com.au/~akpm/linux/patches/

Other Software Required:
common utilities like diff, diffstat and bash

Other Comments:
One of the main reason of moving to savanah is to give me the ability to edit
the code directly. The first thing I\'ll do is to change what needs to in order
to make the code GPL clean (COPYING file, headers stating that the code is GPL
and so on)