[Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of Samizdat - savannah.nongnu.org

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of Samizdat - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: 14 Dec 2002 11:27:39 +0100

address@hidden said:

> Dmitry Borodaenko <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: gpl
> Other License:
> Package: Samizdat
> System name: samizdat
> Type: non-GNU

> Samizdat is a generic RDF-based engine for building collaboration and
> open publishing web sites. Samizdat will let everyone publish, view,
> comment, edit, and aggregate text and multimedia resources, vote on
> ratings and classifications, filter resources by flexible sets of
> criteria, cooperate and coordinate on any kinds of activities (see
> Design Goals document for details). Samizdat intends promote values of
> freedom, openness, equality, and cooperation.
>
> Samizdat builds its underlying data model on RDF (Resource Description
> Framework), and defines a schema of resource classes and properties for
> core concepts of a Samizdat site: member, message, thread, tag,
> proposition, vote, version, part, and so on (see Concepts document).
> Open nature of RDF allows to add new metadata and new uses of site
> resources without effort, and to transparently interoperate with diverse
> set of applications supporting this standard.
>
> Samizdat project was inspired by Matthew Arnison\'s Open Publishing
> initiative and Active engine used by the IndyMedia.org project, and by
> rusty\'s Scoop engine used by Kuro5hin.org and other sites (see
> References document).
>
> Samizdat is free software and is built using free software, such as Ruby
> programming language and PostgreSQL relational database management
> system. All Samizdat source code and documentation can be redistributed
> and/or modified under the terms of the GNU General Public License as
> published by Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the license,
> or (at your option) any later version.
>
> -----
>
> It does not exist yet but I\'m working on it. I am ready to publish design
> documents and specifications that I now actively work on, and some
> preliminary source code.

Could you create a tarball with the code as it
now exists and make it available to a temporary URL
(and add this url to your description while submitting
the project)?

We want to help you fix potential legal issues.
For example, in order to release your project under
the GPL you should write copyright notices and copying
permission statements at the beginning of every source code
file, following the advice of
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html

Could you resubmit your project once it's done?
You can resubmit your project with ease by copying
the big re-registration URL provided in the mail
you received  at submission