[Savannah-hackers] submission of DMiner - savannah.gnu.org

From: career
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of DMiner - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 10:17:00 -0500

A package was submitted to savannah.gnu.org

Santosh Dawara <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: DMiner
System name: dminer
Type: GNU

The Idea is to provide libraries for Classification and Prediction
algorithms already published by the academic community. The span
extends to not only the basic algorithms, but also the recent
advancements made in KDD algorithms, for example SWIFT, BOAT and
RainForest. The libraries must be scalable and not tied to any one data set.

The Project will also allow, experimentation and formulation of further
optimisation of existing algorithms, an in-depth study of the
algorithms and the knowledge extraction portion of the KDD process.

We plan to implement the libraries in C++. The GNU C++ Compiler will
be used. We would like to see the algorithms deployed on *Nix and
Windows platforms.

As a more long-term goal, the project will spawn to include
applications for the libraries that we will implement. The application of KDD
in messaging infrastructure in general, is an
interesting a relatively unexplored area.

The participants are all from the Rochester Institute of Technology
and vocieferously support the concept of \'Free\' software and other
idealogical variants.

The Project is covered under the Gnu Public License.

It does not exist yet but I\'m working on it.

Other Software Required:
GNU C compiler

Other Comments: