Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of eXtra Access Operating System - wha

From: Jaime E . Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of eXtra Access Operating System - whatever - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 13:05:58 +0000

Sorry I'm a bit confused by your description; you start by saying that you
want to automate the configuration of Linux with ant, which I interpret as a
project to help compile the Linux kernel in an alternative way without using
the traditional Makefile distributed with it.

But then you go on talking about a "distro" so it appears as if you want to
build a complete new GNU/Linux distribution. If that is the case, please
notice that we do not host complete distributions because we do not have the
resources that it would take to host complete distributions.

If your project is not a complete GNU/Linux distribution but some more
specific project please register it again explaining what it will do
exactly. Also notice that we prefer to refer to the complete operating system
based on the Linux kernel as GNU/Linux.

One more point that you should explain in your description is whether Jakarta
and Tomcat depend on JDK or they can run in a completely free Java
implementation. JDK is proprietary software and we do not host programs that
depend on proprietary software.

Regards,
Jaime