[Savannah-hackers] Re: symlink between two projects

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: symlink between two projects
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 15:07:23 +0100

Mathieu Roy <address@hidden> writes:

>> > But CVS does not really fit for symlinks and it can be later poses
>> > compatibility issue. Is maintaining such a symlink absolutely required?
>>
>> It would create more manual work if the symlink was not present, and
>> it would make CVS history less relevant (and as it happens, the
>> ChangeLog's are built from the CVS history for these projects so it
>> makes the ChangeLog's less relevant too).  If it is difficult to
>> maintain a symlink, then don't worry about it.
>
> In fact, I'm not sure at all that cvs will be able to deal with a
> symlink. Have previously did this before?

I'm using it without problems (the only potential issue are that
SASL/Shishi tags are added to the Stringprep module too, but I see
that as additional history information).  It is used to symlink files
on savannah now too (gnulib/regex.* and emacs/src/regex.* are the same
CVS file), but I'm not aware that it is used to symlink directories.
Perhaps a "find .  -type l" in the CVSROOT will reveal more...