Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of ConvertisseurEuro - savannah.gnu.or

From: Rudy Gevaert
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of ConvertisseurEuro - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 20:03:01 +0100

On Sat, Dec 21, 2002 at 06:17:55AM -0500, address@hidden wrote:

> A package was submitted to savannah.gnu.org
>

> Hubert F?lix <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: gpl
> Other License:
> Package: ConvertisseurEuro
> System name: coeur
> Type: GNU

> This little project consist in a simple european currencies converter.
> It use the command line to convert from old european currencies to euro, and
> vice-versa.
> In the future, a simple graphic front-end will be added, and possibilities to
> add world currencies.
> After the explanation say:
>
> It already exists but I don\'t have a web site to publish it.
> The current version is 0.10, and work fine (I think).

In order to release your project under the GPL you
should write copyright notices and copying permission
statements at the beginning of every source-code file, and
include a copy of the plain text version of the GPL
(http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt copy it, for
instance, into a file named COPYING).

Please follow the advice of
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html

The GPL FAQ can also help you understand the reason behind
thoses recommendations. For example, there is an entry explaining
why the GPL requires including a copy of the GPL with
every copy of the program:
 http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#WhyMustIInclude

Please mail me your project so I can check it...

Rudy

--
Rudy Gevaert ; address@hidden
http://www.webworm.org ; http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/glms