[Savannah-hackers] Re: Submission got lost?

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Submission got lost?
Date: 24 Dec 2002 00:44:55 +0100

Richard Stallman <address@hidden> said:

> MIT Scheme is an established product with many users, so there is no
> need to try to evaluate whether it is useful, whether it works, or
> whether it is well written.  We can assume it is all of those things.

I find this argument strange. If there are rules for a project to be a
GNU package, why "establishment" permits to skip them? For instance,
Apache and Linux are established product with many users. Could they
become GNU Package without evaluation?

Also, should we guess the status of each projects?

It seems unrational.