Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of nrdo (NetReach Database Objects) -

From: Jaime E . Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of nrdo (NetReach Database Objects) - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 09:22:18 +0000

Your project has been approved but before you upload your code in Savannah,
you will have to implement Postgresql or Mysql support.

The idea is that at no point should free-only users be at disadvantage
compared to users of proprietary software. Your project should always work
equally well in free systems as in any other versions you provide; namely,
since your program provides support for Oracle databases, the modules that
provide that support should not be released in Savannah unless you also
release a module for a free dbms, with the same or more functionalities.

Regarding the license, you are right, the license of your project should be
the more restrictive from the two licenses used, which in this case is the
GPL. You included a Java class in src/gnu, written by Per Bothner, which has
no license information; please make sure it is GPL compatible and include
license information for it, or remove it from your source distribution.

Regards,
Jaime