[Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of gedify GEDCOM 6 XML to GEDCOM 5 co

From: mathieu
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of gedify GEDCOM 6 XML to GEDCOM 5 converte - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: 09 Jan 2003 21:28:24 +0100

> That is exactly what gettext does. But I want to do one like
> that but without the line feeds (to cut down on the frequency
> of pushing PageDown I'll be doing as a direct result of this
> requirement.)
>
> Do you know if that will be acceptable ?

How can you do that without the line feeds?

> Nope. That is what I mean; I do not have a convenient
> snail mail address to use.

I do not think it's a problem.

Did you get this from line 264 of the GPL?

  264  Also add information on how to contact you by electronic and
  paper mail.

I personally forgot this several times, and for several project I know
thoses information are outdated (for instance, some code of my own
brother show his old address - he moved to a new flat a almost year
ago).

So if you cannot, don't.

Loic and Jaime, do you agree with that?

> >I don't think people will try to send you junk mail by looking on a
> >software tarball.
>
> I think spam harvesting will soon be branching out to snail
> address harvesting and phone number harvesting, if they
> haven't already. It is part of the advantage of computers and
> the web; the ability to automate collection of information.
> Some people will wish to use it in this fashion. Others will
> complain that this is an invasion of privacy, but I don't
> think it will be stoppable, not even by legislation.

Frankly, I wonder.

--
mathieu

  [ http://humeur.coleumes.org    : Epistémologie moderne ]