[Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of gedify: GEDCOM 6 XML to GEDCOM 5 c

From: amores perros
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of gedify: GEDCOM 6 XML to GEDCOM 5 convert - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 00:56:39 +0000

I missed the spot for a URL, so here it is:

  http://www.geocities.com/gedify/

It builds under mingw-2.0.0,
or a current cygwin setup,
but it doesn't do anything yet
(except loop thru input files and, I forget,
test if they exist & echo that to the output,
I think).

From: address@hidden
To: address@hidden
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 19:54:19 -0500

A package was submitted to savannah.gnu.org

Perry <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: gedify: GEDCOM 6 XML to GEDCOM 5 convert
System name: gedify
Type: GNU

> A program to convert a GEDCOM 6.0 XML genealogy file
> to GEDCOM 5.x. This is essentially meant as an import tool
> to be used together with lifelines
>   http://sf.net/projects/lifelines
> although I see no reason why it could not be useful to anyone
> interested in GEDCOM 6.0 XML but wishing to import the data
> to an existing genealogy program.

Other Software Required:
libmxl
wxwindows

Other Comments:
I plan to load the project on Savannah as GPL.
I plan to retain the copyright myself, so that I may
change the terms under which I release later versions (eg,
adding an X11 option).

This is my second registration, and I don\'t have a copy of the
first registration information at hand, so I apologize if I
misadvertently leave anything out this time around.

* In case you have to register your project again *
Please be aware that if your registration does not fulfill all therequirements, the Savannah administrators may ask you to register your project again.
You can use the following url to do a new registration starting
with the values used in this registration process.
Copy and paste AS ONE SINGLE URL the following content :
----RERegistration-URL-BEGIN-----
http://savannah.gnu.org/register/basicinfo.php?re_purpose=> A program to convert a GEDCOM 6.0 XML genealogy file
> to GEDCOM 5.x. This is essentially meant as an import tool
> to be used together with lifelines
>   http://sf.net/projects/lifelines
> although I see no reason why it could not be useful to anyone
> interested in GEDCOM 6.0 XML but wishing to import the data
> to an existing genealogy program.&re_require_sw=libmxl
wxwindows

&re_comments=I plan to load the project on Savannah as GPL.
I plan to retain the copyright myself, so that I may
change the terms under which I release later versions (eg,
adding an X11 option).

This is my second registration, and I don\'t have a copy of the
first registration information at hand, so I apologize if I
misadvertently leave anything out this time around.
&re_full_name=gedify: GEDCOM 6 XML to GEDCOM 5 convert&re_unix_name=gedify
----RERegistration-URL-END-------