Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Electrical Engineering Study Guides

From: Rudy Gevaert
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Electrical Engineering Study Guides - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 07:46:26 -0500

On Mon, Jan 20, 2003 at 06:45:20AM -0500, address@hidden wrote:

> A package was submitted to savannah.gnu.org
>

> Michael Taylor <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: fdl
> Other License:
> Package: Electrical Engineering Study Guides
> System name: eeguides
> Type: GNU

> This project is to create a set of tutorials about electrical engineering
> topics (specifically signal processing and communications).  Once complete,
> the various tutorials and could be put together to form a textbook-like
> document.  One thing that I believe sets this project apart from other
> electrical engineering material is that it will incorperate a system of
> prerequisites.  These will describe knowledge that should already be known
> before a person should read the tutorial so that they can fully understand
> it.  These prerequisites will help potential readers know if they are ready
> to learn the material covered within the tutorial.  I was also planning on
> including examples that any reader could do at home with the software package
> Scilab.  Scilab has a propriatary license and I\'m not sure if it\'s
> considered free software, or not.  If it isn\'t I will have to come up with
> an alternative.
>
> I would like to publish these documents under the GNU Free Documentation
> License.  I wanted to host them on Savannah so that other people can
> proofread, correct, and give any input to aid their design and completion.
>
> The very beginning of one of the tutorials (rough draft) can be found here:
> http://www.public.iastate.edu/~javapgmr/fourier_analysis.pdf .  It is only
> the beginning but it includes one of the Scilab examples so that you can look
> at it and let me know if it will work on a Savannah project.  It also follows
> the template for all the tutorials which includes the \"About this Document\"
> and \"Prerequesits\" sections at the beginning of the tutorial.
>
> Other Software Required:
> Scilab maybe, but it isn\'t required as this project is just a series of
> documents.

Hi,
Your project has been approved but we have not forwarded your request
to evaluate your package for the GNU project, since you do not have
any code/text to be evaluated yet. When you do, you can ask yourself
address@hidden to evaluate your project for inclusion in GNU.

Also you will have to look for an other software pakket than Scilab,
as it isn't free software.  I had a look at the "example", and I
suggest you use octave, yacas and gnuplot.

octave is a free alternative to Mathlab, and yacas is a free version
of Maple.  gnuplot can be used for plots.

Also, when uploading do insert the GNU FDL in your document as stated
on
http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html

Please mail me when you have done this, so I can check it.

Regards,

Rudy